The Chinese Shar-Pei Club of America (“CSPCA”) is a national nonprofit organization, incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware. Fifteen individuals founded the club in 1974. With over 700 members representing most of the 50 states and several other countries, the CSPCA is the “parent” organization of multiple Chinese Shar-Pei Specialty Clubs located throughout the United States. The CSPCA is a member of the American Kennel Club (AKC) and, as such, is the only national Chinese Shar-Pei breed club which is recognized and sanctioned by the AKC. The primary objective of the club is to support the members whether they are pet, conformation, performance, versatility or therapy fanciers. We encourage our breeders, by selective breeding, to produce purebred Chinese Shar-Pei puppies that conform to the Standard for the Breed, and to do all possible, including testing before breeding, to advance and promote the perfection of these qualities.
The club is for our members. Members play an active role In the affairs of the CSPCA. Members are actively encouraged to volunteer in committees and special projects. Day-to-day management and administration of the club are vested in the Board of Directors.
Membership in the CSPCA affords many benefits:
- To engage in close association on both a friendly and professional basis with other Chinese Shar-Pei fanciers.
- A new member packet.
- Access to the online newsletter, “The Express” sent every other month.
- Members receive “The Barker,” a quarterly magazine with educational content, photos, news & events, and member accomplishments.
- To compete for club recognition, awards, and trophies in many different areas. Awards are presented to our members and our dogs at the annual Awards Banquet held in conjunction with the National Specialty.
- As a breeder, you can participate in the Futurity/Maturity Stakes.
- To purchase a listing in the CSPCA Breeders Directory.
- To vote in the annual election of Officers and members of the Board of Directors.
- To vote in the election of judges for the Annual Specialty Show.
- To vote on proposed changes to the CSPCA Constitution, Bylaws, Breed Standard or other issues that require the input of the membership.